Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Here's a little story on God showing off...

It all started with a little miss communication. Or no communication for that matter. You see, I thought I heard Marsha saying that she would be bringing her guitar on the trip. So, I figured there's no reason for two of us to bring guitars.

Fast forward to the terminal and I'm sitting there talking with her and I ask if she bought her guitar. She looks at me wide eyed and says, "Dude I thought you were bringing yours!"

Uh.... Speechless

Now to where God steps in...

I really wanted to bring a guitar on the trip, so I asked Alicia if I could buy one somewhere.
Her dad over hears this conversation and offers to ask one of his friends, who has a music ministry, if he had any guitars lying around.

He comes back with great news, his friend will sell us a guitar plus a case for $100. I'm over joyed because that is an amazing. (Well honestly in the back of my mind I'm thinking to myself, "How good can a $100 guitar actually be?")

Upon returning, Alicia's father brings back two guitars, both with cases, both have tuners with them and he added 6 extra sets of strings.

Not only that, but they are beautiful in appearance and in tone. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Again: 2 Guitars + 2 Cases + 2 Tuners + 6 Sets of Strings for $100. God doing work!!!

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and the to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give food gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"


J

4 comments:

  1. Jon, I love this story! Especially because it's real, the timing was close but apparently perfect (God is never late, as they say) and most of all - you are a guy who needs a guitar in his hands to feel "at home", right? It will bring others closer - who can resist a sing-a-long? And may help you teach English, thru simple songs! Hoping to hear an original or two someday, if you're so inspired by your experiences there...Music - the universal language! From one musician to another, Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an incredible blessing. I must also send Wayne a thank you note. Alicia's sister worked with this ministry in high school. Wayne has a heart for God!
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I think God loves hearing His children praise Him. I remember in Russia, 2 summers ago, we didn't have a guitar and a student and I decided to pray out loud and ask God for one as we were walking back to the dorm. literally less than a minute later, a friend of our director dropped off his guitar for us to use during the trip. We do serve one amazing God. Encouraged by your updates and Praying for some more opportunities to Praise Him. ^^ - dro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Team! Does anyone have any photos to post? I love 'slide shows' of foreign places - allowing me to be 'an armchair traveller' and helps me pray for you, too.
    Thanks,
    Gwen Larsen

    ReplyDelete